Monday, June 3, 2013

what age is the right age (CRR)

After reading the link below my first thought was " really ,those people in New York really need to read up on their history ". You may be thinking why do they need to read up on their history, well I'll tell you why. Back then in the 1800's when states decided that they should have their own laws and not have the country decided what the laws are people for example could jump from state to state breaking laws and not get in trouble, why?, well because if the law that the person broke left the state the people looking  for him wouldn't ever find him, why? because the people couldn't leave state.

http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/25/at-what-ages-should-you-be-able-to-buy-cigarettes-drink-alcohol-vote-drive-and-fight-in-wars/

1) My introduction explained mostly what my opinion was on this question, my answer is yes, I do think it is inconsistent because if New York Raised the age to buy cigarettes from 18 to 21, what people could then do is then go to another state and buy cigarettes there where the age is 18, so if New York raised the age to 21 then people who sell cigarettes in New York wouldn't get a lot of business.

2) In my opinion people under the age of 18 are not mature enough to make life-or death decisions on their own. I think of that because they are still minors, and usually people under that age don't really know what their saying. I'd say drinking alcohol, and fighting in wars is a life- or death decision and anyway people under that age can't fight in wars and drink alcohol

3) The ages I say are reasonable for these are...

Buying cigarettes:18
Voting:18
Driving:16
Drinking alcohol: 21
Fighting in Wars: 18

4) I'd say drinking Alcohol should be put off till 21 because it damages the brain the most, unlike other things like cigarettes, so therefore the only thing in my opinion that should be put off is drinking, everything else is fine

5) The right I am most looking forward to id driving because I would never buy cigarettes or drink, and I don't want to be in wars, and I honestly don't care if I could vote or not and driving is closer to my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment